The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®Arvigo® Therapy is founded on an ancient Maya technique of a non-invasive, external abdominal massage.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
Arvigo® Therapy is founded on an ancient Maya technique of a non-invasive, external abdominal massage. Arvigo Therapy stimulates circulation and blood flow within the abdominal area, supporting the body for optimal function of digestive and reproductive health and wellness. It is a therapy that can be applied throughout every stage of a woman, man or child’s life. Arvigo® Therapy incorporates a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. Only by treating the whole person on a physical, emotional and energetic level can true healing take place.
“Most people think too much. Get them to laugh and half their troubles and sickness will go away and the blessed herbs will do the rest.”
Don Elijio Panti, Mayan Healer
About the Work
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® (ATMAT) are a traditional form of therapy from Belize, Central America and are believed to encourage the womb into optimal position for good health and wellbeing, so as to improve fertility, menstrual issues and digestive problems.
Today we know that the uterus is held in place by ligaments and these can become stretched for a variety of reasons, some women may have been told they have a ‘tilted’ uterus and this could be the cause of many ‘female’ problems.
We look to assist homeostasis and hemodynamics in our work, allowing the body to adjust and find its own balance.
By working deeply into the Diaphragm we can impact all the bodies systems and part of the first appointment is teaching you the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of each part of the therapy.
The Arvigo® Techniques are unique in that they are a combination of ancient wisdom with a modern interpretation that holds us at the peak of our profession. Dr Rosita Arvigo was the first to bring this work to modern attention and is responsible for its growth around the world.
The self care massage is what makes our Therapy unique. Dr Rosita Arvigo understood the value of giving clients something to take home with them and regular feedback from clients emphasises how wonderful it is to have such an easy tool to work with.
Through repetition of the massage on a daily basis in your own home you will develop a deeper understanding of your own body, see faster results from the work and in many cases lessen the need for endless treatments with a therapist. You get to do the work and you get to experience the benefits. In addition to this I will encourage you to explore a variety of other self care techniques to support you in all areas of your life.
Just some of the Conditions I have worked with, fertility issues, problem periods and painful scar tissue following caesarean birth, painful periods, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, pro-lapse, peri-menopause and menopausal symptoms, constipation, enlarged prostate gland, IBS, and bloating.
This technique is recommended for:
- general immune system
- digestive disorders
- Crohns disease
- low energy
- chronic indigestion / heartburn
- prolapse of uterus / bladder constipation
- fibroids / cysts
- tension from sexual abuse / rape
- painful / irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- pregnancy / postnatal
What to expect during a session
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help improve circulation to abdominal organs
- Massage to the back, sacrum and hips to encourage optimal alignment.
- Evaluation of body posture
- Instruction on Self Care massage which is done at home and helps to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complementary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- The wearing of a Faja (a traditional lower abdomen supportive wrap)
- Bajos (a traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya)
- Castor oil packs and Lifestyle education.
- I will work with you to address your specific needs and may suggest a course of treatments. Typically, 3 to 6 professional sessions are required to address most conditions. Some conditions such as organ prolapse may require further attention over a longer period of time.
To book The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® call 07816 485 691 or book online below: